March 11, 2018 @ 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Cancer Treatment Centers of America - 2520 Elisha Avenue, Zion, IL
April 7, 2018 @ 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
April 21, 2018 @ 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Management of Advanced Breast Cancer - Implications for Rehabilitation
April 21, 2018 - Full Circle Physical Therapy - Garden City, NY
Date TBD - Towson, MD
Date TBD - Zion, IL
This one day course is designed to give the physical therapist a better understanding of advanced breast cancer and how the disease and its management will impact rehabilitation program development.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
· Describe the current medical management of advanced breast cancer
· Understand the mechanism of metatstasis and the metastatic disease process
· Develop a rehabilitation program for patients with advanced breast cancer
· Describe the impact of axillary dissection and axillary recurrence in the rehabilitation of the breast cancer patient
· Describe the current evidence as it relates to the management of breast cancer-related lymphedema.
· Develop a rehabilitation program for the patient undergoing reconstruction
Dr. Linda T. Miller, PT, CLT, founded and operated the Breast Cancer Physical Therapy Center in 1992 and has served thousands of patients in the Philadelphia and South Jersey communities for over 20 years. She has over 300 hours of training in lymphedema management and has been an international student of chronic edema management, including training in the UK, Italy, Spain, France, and Australia
In April, 2010, Linda helped to establish The Breast Cancer Rehabilitation Program at the Sultan Qaboos University Hospital (SQUH), one of the Middle East’s leading teaching hospitals. She recently returned from Oman where she was again invited to the SQUH to teach an advanced edema management course to an interdisciplinary team of health care providers.
Internationally recognized, Linda has published several articles and book chapters on post-operative breast cancer rehabilitation and breast cancer lymphedema. She has also trained hundreds of therapists and nurses in her comprehensive approach to edema management.