2020sat15aug8:00 am5:00 pmWhat to Know about Oncology Rehabilitation for the Outpatient Clinician – St. Joseph, MIMarie Yaeger Cancer Center, Kinney Conference Room, St. Joseph, MI, 3900 Hollywood RoadEvent Type :Academy Courses
This one-day course will allow for the outpatient clinician to evaluate and treat a patient with a history of cancer diagnosis or is currently undergoing cancer treatments. The clinician will
This one-day course will allow for the outpatient clinician to evaluate and treat a patient with a history of cancer diagnosis or is currently undergoing cancer treatments. The clinician will understand the various types of cancer treatments and how the side effects may present in their clinic.
Note: Participants will receive a certificate of participation for 0.8 CEUS at the conclusion of the courseRegister Online
Marie Yaeger Cancer Center, Kinney Conference Room
3900 Hollywood Road
St. Joseph, Michigan
At the conclusion of this course, a participant should be able to:
- Review pathophysiology of cancer, prevalence and important statistics.
- Explain techniques used to diagnose, surgically and medically treat cancer.
- Review appropriate exercise prescriptions when treating patients who have a past or current diagnosis of cancer.
- Learn precautions, contraindications and red flags to look for when working with cancer survivors.
- Review of oncologic emergencies, lab values and screening used to determine safety when treating a patient with a history of cancer.
Specific cancers to be covered in this class: prostate, breast, colorectal, pelvic, melanoma, leukemia, lymphoma and head and neck cancer.
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- 7:30 am Registration
- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm Session
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 – 6:00 pm Session
Frannie Westlake, PT, DPT, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Neurologic and Oncologic Physical Therapy
Frannie Westlake, PT, DPT, NCS received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL in 2012. She went on to complete her Neurological residency at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA and received her NCS in 2014. Since 2015, Frannie has worked at Oncology Rehab in Denver, CO and is the clinical coordinator for neurological and exercise rehab program. She treats a variety of oncology, vestibular and neurological diagnosis. Her passion is working with patients who are currently undergoing chemotherapy and has complaints of chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy. She is also actively working on a pre-op protocol for patients who have been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and 13 month old son and black lab. They enjoy going on hikes and spending time in the mountains of Colorado.
Frannie actively lectures at CSM with APTA and has published 2 journal articles in Rehabilitation Oncology. She is the current education chair for the Oncology Section.
- Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
- Courtyard St. Joseph/Benton Harbor
- Springhill Suites St. Joseph/Benton Harbor
- Baymont by Wyndham St. Joseph/Stevensville